“I am struck by the fact that the more slowly trees grow at first, the sounder they are at the core, and I think that the same is true of human beings.”
~Henry David Thoreau~
Morning Glories Parent-Child classes are for parents or caregivers and the children they love from ages 9 months to 3 years. The program provides a gentle step for children to transition between home and school life. The Morning Glories classroom provides a safe, nurturing environment featuring natural play materials, a consistent routine, and seasonal rhythm. While the children play, the parents work with their hands creating seasonal crafts and playthings. Parents and caregivers learn more about parenting and Waldorf education. Both adults and children have the opportunity to make new connections with other families. A healthy snack is provided.
We are now Accepting Registrations for 2018-19. We offer three sessions: fall, winter, and spring. Each 10-week session is $335.00. Each class meets one morning per week. Younger siblings are welcome.
Fall: Sept 11- Nov 21
Winter: Dec 4 – Feb 10
Spring: March 19 – May 30
Register for a session here.
If you have already registered and still need to pay online, click here.
Parents come to Morning Glories to:
- Meet other parents and find a community of sharing and support.
- Explore the value of observation to witness and understand how their children are learning as they play.
- Learn songs and simple finger and toe games to share with their children at home to support speech and language development.
Children come to Morning Glories to:
- Explore a safe and emotionally nurturing environment using simple, natural play materials.
- Experience social interaction through play that stimulates speech and language development.
- Explore new social capacities with other children in the same stage of development.
September 11-13, 18, 20, 25-27
October 2-4, 10, 11, 16-18, 23-25, 30-31
November 1, 6-8, 13-15, 20-21
December 5-7, 12-14
No class September 19,
October 9, November 22
December 4-6, 11-13, 18-20
January 8-10, 15-17, 22-24, 29-31
February 5-7, 12-14, 26-28
No classes the weeks of:
December 24-27 &
December 31-January 4, February 18-22
March 19-21, 26-28
April 2-4, 9-11, 23-25, 30
May 1-2, 7-9, 14-16, 21-23, 28-30
No classes the week of April 15-1
Time: Tuesdays, 9 am – 11 am
Activities: Classes include songs, finger games, lap puppet plays, as well as developmental observation and discussion time with other parents.
Ages: 19 months to 3 years
Time: Wednesdays, 9:30 am-11:30 am or Thursdays, 9:00 am-11:00 am
Activities: Toddlers have plenty of time for imaginary indoor and outdoor play, a circle time with seasonal songs, nursery rhymes, finger plays, bread baking and a puppet show. Adults will enjoy a simple craft or handwork activity as well as discussion time.